Face Mask

Face Mask

Monday, November 9, 2020

Hello again

I am so sorry it has been forever since I have posted. Please forgive me. It has been a long many months for me and you.

Back in March the nursing facility where I work, we had the first case of covid-19 mania in my area. Not only did we have to lock down everything but we lost about 50 patients and then we had like 70 that were infected. We were on the news every night with it so of course we had all that that goes along with being new to something that nobody knows anything about.

A lot of people scared. Including me.

When we found out about our building having covid-19 we had 39 people quit on the spot that first day including 3 receptionists!

Two of the people in the front office with me contracted it and so it turned out to be me and another person doing the front office, the receptionist and the screening because we had to lock the doors. I did a lot of overtime. In the middle of March is when we found out about this.

So I was working 12-hour days 7 days a week. In the middle of April my right knee just gave out it couldn’t deal with the getting up into getting down to answer the door every day all day long. So in my two years of working there, I took a half a day off to go get a shot directly into my knees and it felt wonderfully well. But since then my knees have gave me trouble they’ve been very stiff.

Well some good news, I’m still sober. I am now two years in a couple of days over with being clean and sober which makes me very very happy. And it makes my husband very very happy.

Since all the stuff with covid-19. So it’s just been my husband myself and my dog. I miss seeing my friends who play in the band we used to go see them each and every weekend but I haven’t seen them at all either.

But I think I’m doing okay. I really haven’t been watching what I’ve been eating like I should have and something happened like a week or so ago and I said you know I really need to do something about my knees.

They will not give me a TKR unless my BMI is down. So it’s one thing or another. Either I’m going to have a bad quality of life and continue hobbling around with a cane on my bad days or I’m going to do something about my weight and get my surgery.

Needless to say I’m doing something about it. I don’t feel ashamed or anything because I’ve been there done that it is what it is. I can’t focus on what I did or what I didn’t do. I have to focus on what I can do.

But I hope you can forgive me for not writing and keeping in touch. I guess I just needed to take time away from it. I know this covid-19 is making a mockery of people’s lives including mine.

I get tested weekly for the Cove and thank the Lord its been 17 weeks straight with none so far and I’m hoping that will continue.

I still love my job. I’ve learned a lot in fact my supervisor is leaving in 2 weeks to go to another place to work and I was doing her job for 4 months the summer so it won’t be nothing new except I won’t be getting paid for it haha.

So thank you for reading. And thank you for just being you. If you voted thank you. And if you are believing in yourself today thank you. If you’re still trying.

Thank you

#covid #weightloss #TKR

#eatandloseweight

#dontgiveup #believe

#badknees #overweight #protein #lowcarb #noprocesssed



from North Carolina Girl https://ift.tt/3eC9BZV
via babu31

No comments:

Post a Comment