Face Mask

Face Mask

Friday, July 3, 2020

These Body Positive Influencers Are Normalising Womens Bodies, and More of This Please

I've spent the better half of my adult life rebuilding my relationship with my body. Learning to nourish it with the right foods (and lots of them), listening to it when it needs to rest, engaging in exercise that makes me feel strong and healthy, and learning that no matter what number it says on a tag, as long as the clothing fits, it doesn't matter. I've also spent a lot of time learning to love my body for the way it looks.

Despite all this self work, I noticed that the minute I would begin scrolling through Instagram, all my hard work would unravel as I'd subconsciously start comparing myself to other women. Women who had bodies so genetically different to my own that it was physically impossible for me to look like them, yet I still thought I needed to.

So to break this toxic habit, I decided to unfollow any accounts that made me feel less than. I began following body-positive women who are normalising their cellulite, body rolls, uneven boobs and imperfect skin. Women who gave me the confidence to post a photo even if you could see a dimple in my leg or acne on my face. Women like Danae Mercer who shares photos of her edited and unedited body to show how easy it is to fake it photos on Instagram; and Karina Irby who uploads bikini photos where you can see her cellulite because it's completely normal to have cellulite.

Since doing this, I've found myself feeling more empowered to embrace those parts of my body that I might not love just yet, but shouldn't let get in the way of me living my life, or in this case, posting a photo on Instagram.

And because at POPSUGAR Australia we're all about sharing body-positivity, I've listed of some of these f*cking awesome females below so you can follow them too.



from POPSUGAR Health & Fitness https://ift.tt/3eXo7KZ
via babu31

No comments:

Post a Comment