Face Mask

Face Mask

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Dove Cameron Opens Up About Her Struggles With Depression & Anxiety: "I Haven’t Been OK For a Long Time"

Trigger Warning: This story discusses depression and anxeity. If you aren't feeling great and you need to talk to someone, remember: you are not alone. There are people just on the other side of the phone waiting to speak to you - just call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or BeyondBlue on 1300 22 4636.

After struggling with depression for over half her life, Dove Cameron isn't one to share away from talking about her mental health. In an effort to be more honest about her feelings Dove shared a photo to Instagram where you can see her emotionally and physically suffering.

"There's something inherently dishonest feeling about photographing sad moments because we are trained to think that its performative, but in an age where we photograph everything, all the time, and only ever show the things that make us look like we are living the ideal life, where does that leave us? What is most honest?" her post began.

In her raw and revealing post, Dove went on to talk about her constant battle not to lose herself to her the depression and anxiety. "I have struggled with depression for more than half my life. My anxiety is unmanageable and never gives me a moment of rest. my trauma runs me and everything I do, and I am in a constant battle to not lose myself to it."

She continued to detail her experience feeling disconnected and like she's only going through the motions of life rather than living it, something commonly experienced by people who struggle with their mental health.

"My self-hatred runs deep. I feel so disconnected from humans and the true parts of myself that most days I am going through the motions of what I know other people want me to be and do and I don't even feel like I'm living a life."

She finishes off the post explain how she's sharing her struggles in the hopes of making those who suffer with "depression, trauma, anxiety, pain, or loneliness" feel less alone and free from judgement.

Scroll to read Doves full post.



from POPSUGAR Health & Fitness https://ift.tt/3hTvmV4
via babu31

No comments:

Post a Comment