Face Mask

Face Mask

Monday, August 17, 2020

Every Burning Question You Have About Timm Hanly's New Athleisure Brand, Front Runner, Answered

Australia was first introduced to Timm Hanly when he appeared on Angie Kent's season on The Bachelorette. Since then, he's gone on to star on The Bachelor in Paradise and accumulated over 163k Instagram followers. Now, Timm is using his newfound influence to launch unisex athleisure brand, Front Runner.

Inspired by fitness and athletic-wear from the '70s, '80s and '90s, Front Runner is designed to be those funky activewear pieces that are missing from your wardrobe. Think parachute tracksuits, scoop neck jumpers, bike shorts and American college hoodies, that come in vibrant colour ways.

Ahead of the brand's launch on September 1, POPSUGAR Australia caught up with Timm to find out all the juicy details about the range, including his favourite pieces and what inspired him to create Front Runner out of his garage during a pandemic.

POPSUGAR Australia: Congratulations on the launch of your new brand, what made you want to start Front Runner?

Timm: I think it was the very start of isolation when COVID-19 was labelled a pandemic and there was lots of panic about people losing jobs and businesses, I lost mine and had a lot of time on my hands, and I just saw it as an opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do but have never had the time/the ability to really sit down and nut out. I always look at big brands like P.E Nation and Lorna Jane, see them everywhere, bright colours and super funky feel-good type of clothes and think, why don't men get colours and loud athleisurewear? It's a lot of black and very safe. So I thought you know what I'll make my own and I'll do it for both men and women, so most things [from the range] will be unisex.

PS: What inspired the range?

Timm: The inspiration came to me very easily. At the exact same time that I was thinking of doing this my mum sent me an original of one of my grandfather's tracksuits that he made in the 50s, he was the head designer for a tracksuit company called 'Simpson' who designed for all the sports teams around Melbourne, that combined with my obsession with the '70s '80s and '90s fashion I came up with Front Runner.

PS: Can you tell us about what pieces will be in the first drop?

Timm: In the pre-release, it will be two colour ways of a high neck sweater in my favourite colour teal and a nice cream with green embroidery, and two hoodies inspired by an 80s American College vibe.

In the full range, you'll expect to see things from colour block parachute tracksuits, more sweaters, women's bike pants, some slouch socks and a few other little treats. It's the perfect collection to take us into spring.

PS: Do you have a favourite piece?

Timm: My favourite piece is the colour block parachute tracksuit that is on the way.

PS: Did your time on the Bachie franchise motivate you to start a brand?

Timm: Yeah, I think my time on Bachie did play a part in me starting my own brand. I've always wanted to do it and I've been gifted this following and audience, which not many people get that chance, so I think I just want to make the most of it and not be another flash in the pan.

PS: Who is your ideal consumer for Front Runner?

Timm: The ideal customer would probably be a couple that is looking to look good and feel better together!

PS: What's next for Front Runner?

Timm: Next step for Front Runner is getting through this pandemic and moving my office out of my garage! But I have big plans! I want to change the way men think about activewear/athleisurewear and this is the first step.

Scroll to preview Front Runners new range and mark your calendars for September 1.



from POPSUGAR Health & Fitness https://ift.tt/3kT6aR1
via babu31

No comments:

Post a Comment